Not long ago I highlighted a feature in Trade Forum magazine called “Changing Brand Africa”. It turns out they’ve updated their site with a new section called “Whoâ€™s Doing Business in Africa?”. The new section complements the previous feature with six new stories:
- Creating an African Business Superpower
- Rwandan Coffee Goes from Ordinary to Star(bucks)
- CSR(Corporate social responsibility): A Must for Big Firms in Africa
- New Markets for an Ancient Heritage
- CyberTrackers of the Kalahari
- Tunisiaâ€™s Boom in ICT (Information and Communications Technology)
In all, the six sections give a well rounded view of the various opportunities to do business on the continent. A good read.
The articles below are a collection of inspirational models that reflect the new “Brand Africa.” It is the second in the series of stories about Changing “Brand Africa” to be featured on the Trade Forum site.
From an African media mogul in South Africa, we go to the founder of a home furnishings firm in Ethiopia. A coffee supplier outlines Rwandaâ€™s rapid improvement as a coffee producer, and a Tunisian businessman shows how his country is embracing information and communications technology with a passion. We also look at trends in corporate social responsibility, a â€œmustâ€ for businesses, as practiced at Shell, and at how modern technology used by bushmen opens new job opportunities. – Trade Forum Magazine