- Africa is now the fastest growing and second largest mobile phone market in the world.
- More than 8 in 10 Africans have a mobile phone.
- Average penetration rate has also risen from 37% in 2010 to 80% in 2013 and is still growing at 4.2% annually
- There are now 760 million mobile subscribers in Africa. This number is projected to cross the 1 billion mark by 2016.
- Africa’s mobile data usage amounts to 15% of the total internet traffic.
Africa is 2nd largest mobile phone market in worldPosted October 10, 2014 By Annansi in Featured With | Comments Off on Africa is 2nd largest mobile phone market in world